If they have the Ace edge then they can ignore up to a -2 penalty and use the relevant skill for Soak.
Like any vehicle, drones are most effective when actively piloted which takes the Wrangler’s action
and uses their Electronics skill for most actions. Unlike most vehicles, drones can autopilot while the
Wrangler focuses their attention elsewhere. When they self-drive, drones use their installed Software
Twitchy: The Drone Wrangler has d6 Agility, d8 Electronics, and a d6 in Boating, Driving, or Piloting.
There’s Many Like It: The Drone Wrangler starts with the Basic Vehicle Operator Kit and may purchase
small drones with Gear Points. Freedom Squadron will replace any lost drones in between missions.
This One Is Mine: Inveterate tinkerers at heart, every Wrangler has a hotrod drone they’ve been tinkering
with in their off time. This drone is an extra with a d4 in every attribute, no skills, a Pace of 6, and the
Construct Racial Ability. You then choose options from each of the below categories:
- Small: Size -2, Toughness 2. About 2’, about 2’ tall or long. +4 Agility. +2 Vigor. Maximum Str d6.
- Light: Size -1, Toughness 3. About 4’ tall, about the size of a mini-fridge. +1 Strength. +2 Agility. +2 Vigor. Maximum Str d10.
- Medium: Size 0, Toughness 4, the size of the average human. +2 Strength. +1 Agility. +2 Vigor Maximum Str d12.
- Legs: Pace 6, Running Die d6. You may choose bipedal or quadrupedal posture. Maneuvering uses the Driving skill.
- Wheels: Pace 8, Running Die d8 but has trouble on stairs. Maneuvering uses the Driving skill
- Propellers: Can fly or swim at Pace 6 (or 12 for 4 Gear points) and “run” for extra movement as usual.
For 6 Gear Points, you can upgrade a Small drone to fly or swim at Pace 24 and may “run” for 2d6” of
additional movement. Maneuvering uses the Piloting or Boating skill respectively.
- Assault: Shooting d6, Intimidation d4. Unless actively piloted may only perform Suppressive Fire.
- Lookout: Athletics d4, Notice d6. Gains the Fanatic Campaign rule
- Sapper: Demolitions d6, Electronics d4. May only attack counterforce targets.
- Triage: Medicine d6, Science d4. Whether or not successful, extends the Golden Hour another 60 minutes.
- Umbra: Stealth d6, Computers d4. Stand stock still for long periods of time.
- Wrench: Electronics d4, Repair d6. Comes with basic supplies to perform repairs.
- Additional Arms (1): Ignore 2 points of Multi-Action penalties per turn.
- Aquatic (1): Moves full Pace while swimming, compatible with Pace upgrades.
- Armor (Maximum Size+2): Gain +4 Armor.
- Automated Repair Unit (Max 2): Make Natural Healing roll once per day.
- Brainiac (Max 2): Increase the drone’s Smarts by 1 die step, 2 skill points, and 1 skill focus.
- Electronics Package (1): Gain a 20 mile communications system, an additional hard drive for data storage, specialized subroutines, and a variable interface jack which could plug into most ports. The
- 2 point package additionally includes an Electronic Intrusion Mastery.
- Expanded Power Storage (Max 2): The drone has a bigger battery. Increase the drone’s Spirit 1 die step and gain an additional Fatigue level.
- Hotrod (Max 2): You can improve the drone’s Strength, Agility, or Vigor by 1 die step. The drone also gains an applicable Focus.
- Improved Sensors: Ignore up to 4 points of Shooting penalties from Range.
- Leaper (legs only) See the racial ability
- Pace (Max 3, legs and wheels only): Gain +2 Pace and increase the drone’s running die by one size.
- Ripping and Tearing: You install a terrible melee weapon to the drone like hydraulic scissors, an impact hammer, or a chainsaw.
- 5GP Robust (Max 2): +1 Toughness and +1 Wound.
- Ungovernable: The drone may spend a level of Fatigue and roll a 1d6, adding it to the total of the roll. The drone recovers the lost Fatigue when they recharge their batteries.
- Weapon Mount: Increase the Drone’s Strength 2 die steps for meeting minimum Strength requirement.